Friday, December 2, 2011

Cardio and weightlifting in the morning?

I want to start doing my weightlifting and cardio in the mornings before school. What would the best way to do it? Should I eat before the entire work out.|||I drink a very easy to digest energy "breakfast" before going to the gym at 5:30am. It's basically an ENSURE meal replacement drink, which has quite a lot of sugar actually (not necessarily good, but I will be burning it off).





From 6am to 7am, I do my workouts.





IMMEDIATELY eat breakfast after your workout (at least no longer than 30 minutes after); bring a protein shake if you cannot eat right after.





I alternate between cardio and weights. So don't do either consecutively. You can do a LITTLE cardio AFTER your weights on the weights day, so you reserve energy for the weights and then burn the rest off.





For the cardio days, go all cardio and see how fast you can run, etc. while you rest your muscles from the previous day.





I'd take the weekend off to recover both.





Good luck and don't be a bully at school ;-)|||I'm not sure if weightlifting is such a good idea. It might wear you down because it's an anaerobic exercise, meaning no/ lack of oxygen. Ever wonder why your muscles ache after weightlifting? It's because alcohol builds up in your muscle tissues. (Without oxygen, our bodies use the next best thing to do what we are telling our bodies to do.) So that ache is actually alcohol build up. After 1-3 days you'd like the muscles though. So anaerobic exercise in the morning might make you feel that ache throughout the day.





But cardio in the morning? It's great. I do this and it's gives me more energy than coffee can ever do.





And yes eat food before exercise and after. I saw this on an episode of The Doctors.

No comments:

Post a Comment