Friday, December 2, 2011

Does weightlifting at a young age cause to stunt your growth?

Ok I'm 13 years old and I do weightlifting but I've just started like a week ago and I'm doing this to prepare for football so I'm wondering if weightlifting at a young age will stunt my growth?Another thing is that I don't over due weight like doing too much weight.|||no not at all.


this is one of the biggest myths...


just workout and dont worry





and working stimulates growth hormone and endorphines..|||If done properly it is absolutely fine. I would highly recommend someone watch out for you at first so you do things correctly and don't hurt yourself. Many kids your age go for weights too heavy and just hurt themselves. It only stunts growth if you specifically damage your growth plates, if done correctly it stimulates growth from testosterone release.|||No that is complete urban legend. But what is true is that teenagers who start lifting early without adult supervision often lift way too heavy and hurt themselves, or they have no technique and hurt themselves like that. Lifting weights is good for you, but lifting too much weight or lifting badly is not good for you.|||Nope, it it won't stunt your growth. I have been lifting for 3 years and I am 16 years old now and I'm developing normally.|||no

No comments:

Post a Comment