Friday, December 2, 2011

How should I incorporate weightlifting into my training schedule?

I'm a soccer player and I work hard everyday practicing my skills. I'm 17 and pretty skinny so my question is, since I'm playing soccer everyday, how often should I lift weights to put some more muscle on? Thanks in advance.|||I would say weight lifting in the morning before soccer. The reason is, i think after i go to boxing i feel really exhausted and i honestly can not be bothered fighting through a session of weights. I am going to assume it is the same situation about soccer, I would say workout in the mornings or mid-day before soccer training. Or a minimum of 2 hours between soccer and weight lifting. 3 times a week of weight lifting would do you well but you can choose what feels right/good, maybe it is 7 days of weight lifting.|||I would say that since you are getting alot of cardio throu soccer... I would recommend adding more protein(like lean meats: chicken,turkey,fish and light on the red meat unless a lean red meat) to your diet and a whey protein. Put in with 3-5 days of weight training and you should be seeing results in no time!! As long as you stick with the protein intake and regular weight training you should be set!! Good luck!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment