Friday, December 2, 2011

When im weightlifting for basketball should i do more uppebody workouts or lowerbody?

Im a freshman point guard on varsity and im 5 foot 6. Im starting to weightlift. i workout 2 hours a day. I play basketball for 1 and a half hours and run/jump training for 30 min. When i run and do jump training i strengthen my calves and leg muscles. So my legs are already ripped and strong looking. So when i workout should i workout more upperbody or lowerbody? and why?|||OK Here is my opinion.





I am a 6'0 freshman PG, and I don't lift any weights. I only use my own body weight to get stronger. I do many different push ups that train the upper body and lots of sit ups to maintain and improve core strength. I train my leg strength with step ups, wall squats and calf raises. So my opinion is to not lift until you are slightly older, as this can stunt your growth if done incorrectly.





So to answer your question I would say you should train both parts so you have overall strength. You need to have a balanced body to succeed in any sport, especially basketball.|||Upper for driving strength. Lower for vertical/speed. You choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment