Friday, December 2, 2011

Newbie to weightlifting: How much weight should I start with?

I'm a skinny dude trying to build my arms and chest. I have a routine, but I'm not sure how much weight to start with and how often to raise it. Any suggestions?|||u should lift enough pounds to have resistance but still be able to keep good form





start with lower weight, more reps...that will tone u





then decrease the reps and add the weight..that will make u stronger/bigger





but keep good form!! if u dont do it right then u can injure urself or wont see results|||Well that depends on your age, really.


If you're 14-17 I would start with five or ten pounds.


If you're older than seventeen you could probably start with a fifteen pounder. Just work your way up as you need to.|||I'm slightly new to this and if you're benching then start off with about 10-15kg. If you're doing bicep curls then start off with about 2-3kg that's what I started with about 2 months ago and I'm getting more muscly! Just know that doing a lot of reps is better than struggling to pick up a heavy weight%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;that could injure you meaning that you won't be able to work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment