Friday, December 2, 2011

What weightlifting exercises to increase my vertical jump?

I love basketball, and I am able to nip the rim with my middle finger. I have done no leg exercises before besides play basketball. So I believe that working on my leg muscles at the gym can greatly change that. What leg exercises/workouts are great for increasing my vertical jump?





FYI, I'm 5'10" in hopes of dunking one day.|||What up brotha. I'm 5'11 and I can dunk but I was fortunate enough to have God give me the ability to jump. What I do is not drink soda or eat fatty foods because I promise you thats what really will ruin your progress. I do yoga, stability ball, prison squats, and the plank (with different variations). Make sure to stretch well before playing and so warm ups by just shooting around for a bit. Maybe incorporate jumping rope and toe raises with weights. Otherwise stand underneath the rim, and jump as high as you can ten times at the rim. I did that with jumpsoles though. All you can do is keep in shape and the jumping will evolve. Check out menshealth.com... they always have good advice. Alright man good luck with it all. Dunking is overrated to me because it doesn't win you ball games, but it's nice to have.|||try this link it's from michael jordan giving advice on jumping higher


http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=vetLRKaQmUI





i hope that helped

No comments:

Post a Comment