Wednesday, November 30, 2011

At what age should teens start weightlifting?

I understand that weight lifting at a young age can be devastating to a body if done wrong. Do you think that if I don't overdue weightlifting and, if I am monitored by a trainer, that I can start?





Age: 13


Height: 6 feet 0 inches


Weight: 161.5 pounds|||As a personal trainer i typically won't start with anyone til they are 14. you shouldnt get into really intense lifting til you are 16. i would suggest hiring a trainer to learn proper mechanics and nutrition if he counsels in that.If you start earlier than say 13, your body is under to much stress, with the body changes from puberty and growing to undertake the rigors of weight training and be able to recouperate.|||i'd wait, you really shouldn't. you should try just running and light weightlifting such as like using your school gym, or buying light weights and doing curls. or do pushups.





why do you want to do it anyway? whats the point|||Weight lifting is ok... Just dont take drugs to make you bigger that is so ugly|||my cousin started when he was the same age %26amp;


just about the same size as you (he's now 36 yrs old %26amp;


huge!)


he took alot of advice from professionals who wrote


books about what %26amp; what not to do


be careful,always have someone to spot you %26amp; YES


have a trainer


good luck %26amp; don't to too much @ once|||I have been weight lifting since I was 4. My family is very fit and strong. I am an 11 year old girl and I am lifting 90 pounds every day and running for 1 hour. You are never too young.|||18|||I seen an 9 yr old bodybuilder. They call him "Lil Hercules" That's just too young! He was on Inside Edition benchpressing......|||Speak to your doctor, but most gyms won't allow anyone under 16 to lift without a doctor's note.|||13!|||You should probably wait until you are a high school freshman (14 years). Your body may be better adjusted and more mature for this exercise.





When starting, make sure you have the guidance of a trainer who will show proper technique so as not to damage knees and the back (crucial at a young age).

No comments:

Post a Comment