Thursday, November 24, 2011

Is it normal to feel nauseous and wanting to vomit after a strenous session of weightlifting?

I exercise and do weightlifting. I recently started doing squats and deadlifts as part of my routine, replacing the leg presses, lunges etc with the full body and compound moves that the squat and deadlift offers.





I combine squats and deadlifts into my lower body routine, doing both on the same session in the same day. Both are done in 3 sets of 10. After finishing these sets I feel light headed almost always feel like vomiting. It is only with squats and deadlifts that give me this feeling, any other muscle group I am fine with no matter how hard I push myself.





I have 10 months of weightlifting experience and I am 22 years old. I squat nearly my own bodyweight for 3 sets, and deadlift the same. I understand that you pick a weight that you can manage for 10 reps but no more than 12, so that muscles work to near failure for gains. This is what I'm lifting now for all body parts. So how come I feel like vomiting? How come not so for the chest/back where I exert even more?|||I assume that you use a belt when doing DL and SQ. Think about it, when you do these lifts the blood rushes to your legs, but can't flow back to the rest of your body due to the belt. That said, your belt may be too tight... I personally don't use a belt unless I'm near 80% of my one repetition max. Try that, and see if it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment