Saturday, November 19, 2011

What are the best supplements to use for weightlifting?

I want to make sure I'm asking the right question here and that it's clear. I'm looking for a natural product that will at least help me get the most out of my weightlifting routines. By "make the most out of" I mean making sure that my muscles recover enough, get all the nutrients they need, etc. I have heard from a lot of people that whey protein is the way to go, but since I do not know what's "right" and "wrong", I haven't used anything yet. Please let me know if there are any safe, natural products out there that can help with what I'm describing (and if the best way is that I don't use any products and just eat right, etc, then that's fine too, please just efficiently explain to me what I should do). Thanks!|||Here is what's most effective and most important in this order....


Proper nutrition-around 50-30-20 carb, protein, fat ratio with the


carbs coming mostly from complex carbs, most of your


protein coming from lean, non-processed sources,


and most of your fat coming from unsaturated and your


omegas.


After this, a good muti-vitamin


Also, around a gallon of water a day





This is your foundation. You can't build a house that will stand without one. Once you have these things along with adequate rest, consider creatine which seems to be virtually universally accepted as the best supplement (other than protein which ideally would be provided in the diet).





As far as protein goes, make sure you're getting around a gram per lb of lean body mass daily if you want to build muscle.


Also, try to get at least 20 of these grams approximately every three hours give or take an hour (this is where meal replacements come in handy which i don't really consider a supplement, but don't ever take more than two a day).





Back to creatine, what it does is volumizes the muscles which means it calls the muscle cells to draw in fluid and expand in size. During this state, the muscle is stronger so you can push more weight and stimulate more real muscle growth. The volumizing effect goes away once you go off of it, but the real muscle growth you got from the temporary increased strength should remain.|||all you need is a special trainer to help you with your ego and reps. the more reps the better fooling around with unateral crap will only cause you pain in the brain|||Weight lifters usually need a lot of protein and carbs (as do most types of athletes). You can get these from a balanced diet, and check your health food store out--if you feel your diet is not adequate.|||my coach gave me some hydra card it,s a protine powder, you need protine to bield muscle, go to the gnc store or the gym bag store. that will help you.|||I use a product called no-xplode....basically it preps your body for the workout...then provides energy throught the workout.....and helps recovery after the workout....you can check it out on line at www.gnc.com|||Well in my oppinion the best way is always to stay natural. Proper diet with a good workout goes a long way. The main thing to remember is in order to build muscle you have to increase your protien intake. Protien builds muscle! You can not increase your muscle mass without a high protien diet. Plain and simple, it will not happen. The more you work out the more protien you have to have. Supplements can be benefitial but are very expensive and the same thing can be accomplished with proper diet. If you are serious about bulking up remember one thing PROTIEN PROTIEN PROTIEN...... You must have a high protien diet: morning, noon, afternoon, and night! Yea thats 4 meals a day.... If you are considering supps, I suggest reading up on them first. I personaly stay all natural except for a protien powder that I use in my protien shake first thing in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment