Thursday, November 24, 2011

Do you include weightlifting in your exercising?

I was just wondering if my fellow Answers readers do any weightlifting. If you do, can you get a brief description as to what exercises with weights and/or machines, that you like to do?|||love my weights...they come in such different colors and coatings....metal, rough plastic and smooth plastic do just hand ones while on my exercise mat and have the long type with numbers of weights at the ends with which I can do press ups however my max at present is just over 10 kgs altogether am trying to increase this but have to be careful or start having shoulder pains.......exercise daily for only a short time 15---20 mins but my strength is improving. Have had a medical test so that I can exercise more without any problems. so arnie swartz.... move over|||Yes but I admit since moving overseas, I have been so busy with everyday things like immigration, shopping, site seeing and generally adjusting to a new lifestyle that I am working out at home after being a "gym rat" for 25 years or more.My favorite little gym here as moved to a new location and they haven't any insructors yet for the mornings which is my fav time to work out. There are tons of gyms over here in Hungary, many very close to my flat but their prices are insane, very high. Something like $6.50 to $10. a class and only for 1 hour, pay extra to use machines! I was planning on buying myself an eliptical machine but our place is small, maybe I will chuck out the desk in my room and set it up there.I do miss working out with others, more fun that way.


Getting older but still love to feel toned and healthy, good for the mind as well as the body.


generally do yoga and use my body weight in yoga push ups and try to do arm stands, not too good at them but trying is better then nothing. I use a body bar and some 2.2 kilo hand weights but not as often as I should do, only 2-3 days a week.


In fact, it's time to run and start working out.|||Funny you should ask! I keep a two-pound barbel next to my computer. I only have one (There used to be two, but one has disappeared), so I alternate from side to side while I sit at the computer. When I am thinking or reading, I do upper body or arm exercises, hoping to have the firm slender arms I once did and to keep the circulation going.|||Yes - I have lazy dogs of various weights. I am usually required to weight Conan's dead weight several times a day since he is known to sleep in my path. The new one is little %26amp; lightweight but is known to hop about into laps or chairs and also requires lifting most of the day.|||Yes, I do! I use two five pound weights for each hand. I have a pressurized stepper as well. I do at least 200 steps a day and use my hand weights while watching TV, or reading.





I also do kata's from when I studied karate. This helps me to keep balance and agility.





I do sit-ups too.





As we age, there are certain areas fat stores, naturally: the ankles, above the knees, behind the elbows, in the stomach and around the hip area. Some, get fat deposits under the eye as well.





In as much, I work on these areas the most as this is something we cannot help as it comes with age. We can keep it at bay though and I am trying!|||Yup. Lift the 20 lb dog food. The five lb dehumidifier water, the gallons of water and laundry soap. The fifty lb bag of sunflower seeds. Glad I still can. I was always strong. Brawn, not brain. lol I don't want to loose that.|||I had to stop running for a few weeks because of over training, so lately I've just been lifting 10 lbs weights. :P I'm not very strong.|||Or a 4-ounce martini -- That's a hefty martini! Not to mention those heavy olives. . . .|||Yes. When I get around to it I have two light weights I use for each arm to do curls.|||I'm a farmer, I lug enough heavy stuff around. I do a little yoga just to keep things stretched out.|||yes i wait as long as possible to lift something


this is not a big weight lifting class in the senior citizen section you might want try the sports section|||Yes. I hoist my carcass out of the chair and away from the computer to amble over to the fridge.|||I like to lift a glass or two of champagne in the evenings!|||I think isometrics would be the best for most of us.|||I am 74, so I quit lifting and just fast walk two miles a day. That's enough for an old man.|||Yes, I lift the garbage when I take it out.|||Do 16 oz.beers count?

No comments:

Post a Comment