Saturday, November 19, 2011

Is there a healthy way to be able to play basketball and also do other leg weightlifting exercises?

I like to get a good cardio workout by playing basketball about 3 or 4 times a week, but I also want to make my legs stronger by doing leg weightlifting exercises like squats. I have been doings squats Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, while playing basketball on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and sometimes Sunday. Is it unhealthy to keep this routine up? I'm worried about overworking my legs. And if it is unhealthy, could you suggest a healthier routine that would allow my legs to rest properly?|||No it's not entirely unhealthy. I do the same thing except practice on the weekends and lift on the weekdays. Just make sure you are eating enough to support your activities. Because you are very very active cardio wise, I would just eat more to support your leg weightlifting.|||Make sure you eat plenty (get protein), get 8+ hours of sleep a night, get at least one day of the week solely for rest (the most work you should do is lifting your hand to scratch your head) and you should be okay.





If your legs feel like they need another day of rest, give it to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment