Saturday, November 19, 2011

Fasting before I start my weightlifting routine?

I'm going to start a weightlifting routine where I hope to gain 20 pounds in 6 months. I'm going to start tomorrow. I decided to fast just to get all the toxics out of my body before I start the program. It has been about 26 hours of only water and lemon juice. I was aiming for 48 hours, but I'm wondering if it counterproductive. How long do I need to fast to get all the crap out of my system?|||First off fasting before you lift is not good, it puts your body into an even more catabolic state meaning when you workout it will just deteriorate your muscles even more. When you workout toxins are produced, it is inevitable to stop toxins from being produced, you just have to drink alot of water frequently and keep yourself in good health.|||Scientists have proven that those so called detox diets are actually un-healthy for you and you end up worse than you where before. The best detox diet they said was to just eat healthy. And for the lifting ,if you want good results you have to eat a big meal beforehand and something small and sugary with a WPI shake afterwards. Your muscles are machines that need fuel for energy and recovery. Remember to eat high protein throughout the day. Try to eat at least a piece of chicken breast or steak a day. Plus protein shake twice a day to start off. Oats for breaky is a must, and i usually have oats before gym too. ANDD always change you gym routeine every couple of weeks. EG Diff exercises, different reps, drop sets, supersets, negative reps, easy to always change it up. And train HARRRDDDDDDD dont be a wimp, kill those muscles...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment