Saturday, November 19, 2011

What weight should I use for weightlifting?

I am 15 right now and I use 2 kg everyday for minor exercises for my triceps and every 2-3 times a week, I do more complicated things with the dumbbells I have. I am just wondering, is 2 kg for me an ideal weight for weightlifting? Or should I increase it?|||It depends on whether you are going for tone or muscle building. Your current schedule is perfect for toning. At 15, I'd be very cautious about starting muscle-building exercises because you could end up shorter than your potential. You still have growth plates which haven't closed yet; once you start lifting heavy weights, this can prematurely close them. Check with your doctor before you start doing heavy weights.|||Hey i get very thrustrated when i see people using 2kg weights for example because they are just wasting their time, i would suggest getting heavy weight, my basic oppinion would be the more weight you use the quicker you will achive your goals just dont go too heavy eg no less than 5 reps no less10

Report Abuse


|||politicaly correct is talking bullshit

Report Abuse


|||Depends on your goals for lifting. Bulking up muscle or just toning.





A good measure.... If you can easily do more than 15 reps. with the weight in an exercise, it's probably not heavy enough for you.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment