Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do I do weightlifting at home,all I have is a set of Dumbells.?

How do I start with weightlifting I am only a beginner , what is the safest way?|||You really need Barbells and an adjustable bench to do a relativly wide range of excercises.





With those three pieces of equipment its mainly some back, leg an abdomen excercises you will not be able to do - but at least there are some excercises you can do for these parts of the body.





It depends what you are doing weight training for.





From an earler question of yours I suspect you are in your teens in which case free weights can be dangerous partcularly if you try and train too hard. You should really have some supervision initially to ensure you are doing the excercises in the correct way - not as easy as it may appear -and that you are not trying to lift weights that are too heavy. If this is not possible then get a book on weight training and follow the instructions for each excercise. A good book should point out the most likely errors of 'form'.





Muscle Mechanics by Everett Aaberg is particularly good for this - you can get it on Amazon:





http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=sr鈥?/a>|||weightlifting can hurt your body if you arent a adult|||Dumbbells are an excellent way to start with lifting weights. I hope you have more than just the little 5 lb dumbbells since if you have at least a marginal degree of strength lifting heavier weights should be no problem. But to answer your question, start out doing three sets of 16 with a weight that you're comfortable with, work your way up to three sets of 20, then move up in weight to something you can only comfortably do 3 sets of 12 with, then once you're up to 3x15 start moving up to weights you can only do 3 sets of 5-10 with, and once you can do more than that, move up. There's all kinds of exercises you can do, curls, overhead presses, bent over rows, and tons of other things. The first two years that I lifted weights, I only had a set of two 25 lb dumbbells, a 50 lb dumbbell, and after a few months, a set of 30 lb dumbbells.





And to the above posters: Weights are no more dangerous than the stuff kids do for fun. I started a nephew of mine lifting weights the same way you'd start out an adult and progressed him into an adult's lifting routine when he was about 9 years old and he turned out just fine. He's an adult now. Also, I started lifting when I was 15-16, and learned to lift the way a grown man would lift. It was honestly less strenuous than when I'd help my dad lift and carry heavy logs. Sorry for the rant but I just needed to shoot down the "weightlifting stunts your growth" crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment