Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Weightlifting?

Hey, I'm 15 years old, male, I've started lifting 10 pound dumbbells, 3 sets, 10 reps each. I weigh 118 pounds, and am 5'6.





I was wondering if this will stunt my growth. Is it bad for my spine, also?





My doctor said he thinks I will be 5'8 when I grow up, I want to be 6 feet, so I'm worried if weightlifting will make me even shorter.|||play basketball insted of weight lifting your to young to do weight lifting basketball will help you grow|||Include pull ups. This stretches your spine out. Do your bicep curls sitting down too. Id increase the weight a little, to at least 15lbs, to get a good burn. Weightlifting wont stunt your growth. Eat plenty of protein, vitamins, and whole grains.|||It won't make you shorter. In fact, there is a small chance that lifting will help release hormones that will in turn make you grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment