Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Weightlifting?

I'm 15 and have been doing weightlifting for about a year now. I have worked up to a bench press of 300 pounds and am trying to progress to 350 within a year and up to 400 within two years.


My parents say that I'm lifting too much weight and it will put stress on my joints. My dad said it could result in free testosterone being released into my system and disrupting my hormonal balance.


Firstly, is it true about the hormonal balance thing?


Secondly, am I lifting too much weight? I've seen people my age doing much more weight than 300 pounds so I assumed it was safe.


P.S. I'm not into Maximuscle nor any other supplements, I weigh 250 pounds so I guessed that benching 50 pounds above your weight is not dangerous.|||Well, Im not sure about the hormone question, but I do know that youre not lifting too much. I have friends in high school that bench well over that, and they have encountered no problems. The fact that your 15 and you bench that much is awesome by the way. Im a year older, am really into lifting weights, about the same weight, and I cant lift that much. You shouldnt be afraid to take supplements such as protein, but youre doing really well already so its not a necessity. Keep it up.|||15 and weight 250 wow.. your dad is wrong.. but you have to give your body rest . to reach 400 you need to train as a power lifter ....|||ummm.. wow. ur dad is right. lifting that much isnt good. like once or twice a week is fine, but not ever day. im 13 and i can bench around 250. i only wiegh 124. i dont bench every day. i box and play football and paintball. so i dont want to push myself too far. i still think im fat though. and plus im a girl, and im short|||One thing that will help you lose weight: a colon cleanse. I was one of those who did not believe in them until I tried it. And I tried a few until I found a great one that works (its all natural too! - it's just pills, but you'll detox, lose weight, and fell much, much better). You can go to


http://trim-fit.info and order you free trial, also you only pay $4.95 shipping and handling. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment